OPL2 'AdLib' FM Synthesis Parallel Port Sound Card
OPL2LPT brings AdLib FM Synthesis to IBM Compatible computers without ISA expandability, such as vintage laptops, PCs with proprietary desktop form factors and modern PCs with Parallel Ports.
OPL2LPT connects to your Parallel Port and outputs AdLib music through Analogue Audio Out.
- DOS game compatibility uses the 'adlipt' project.
- TSR driver ADLIPT can be used for for 386 and later PCs to route FM Synthesis to the Parallel Port.
- Game Patch Utility can be used on any x86 processor (Including 8086 and 80286) to patch MS-DOS games to route FM Synthesis to the Parallel Port.
- A non-exhaustive list of known compatible games can be found here.
- Compatibility Notice (Dec 15th, 2018): To solve compatibility issues with certain old PC types like PCJr, a 1K pull up resistor can be added to the strobe pin. All kits sold, from now on, will include this additional 1K resistor. Please find the details here.
- OPLT2TEST is also provided as a testing utility.
This product is available as High quality solder kit. Serdaco also provides hand soldered boards at additional cost.
For a complete final product offering, please consider OPL3LPT, which is 100% backwards compatible with OPL2LPT.
- Features genuine Yamaha OPL2 Chips
- Headphone Amp
- Please visit our Downloads section for more documentation and updated software.
- For more information on assembling this product kit, please follow this soldering tutorial.
- OPL2LPT Demonstration and Assembly by The Soundcard Database:
- OPL2LPT Demonstration by Serdaco:
- OPL2LPT Review by The 8-Bit Guy:
- OPL2LPT Review by Phil's Computerlab: